Our company has a strong reputation in our community for providing our clients with top-quality craftsmanship, highly effective communication and the utmost in integrity. This is a great position for someone who wants opportunity to be part of a strong, close-knit team for the long-term.
The Lead Carpenter has a key responsibility for completing projects on time and within or below budget. In general, the Lead Carpenter manages the people and the systems of production, NOT the day-to-day work on job sites. The Lead Carpenter provides supervision to all production crew, with the responsibility of ensuring that lead carpenters are running projects on time and on budget to Bakker Construction standards, and that all clients, trade contractors, employees and owners feel satisfied and successful.
OPTIMAL QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience in managing other people and delegating responsibilities.
- Excellent time management/prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate in an effective and diplomatic manner.
- Well-organized and capable of approaching situations in a calm and logical manner.
- Able to perform standard mathematical calculations.
- Adept at maintaining job costs and records for multiple projects.
- Willing and able to work well with others.
- Able to perform within a team-oriented organizational structure with minimal supervision
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills B adept at anticipating problems and solving problems in timely, effective manner.
- Experience in working within time and money budgets and being accountable to staying within budgets.
- Must have dependable truck or van for work related transportation.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheets, MS Project
- Create and maintain as needed overall job calendars in conjunction with sales.
- Accurately review man-hours, materials and subcontractors.
- Support sales as needed with pre-sale site inspections and trade walk through.
- Oversee daily project documentation, including Calendar, Tasks, Pictures and Documents.
- Support Project Manager through pre-job planning.
- Regular job site visits and field crew interaction.
- Insures that each job site is visited daily by a company representative to monitor job progress, quality, safety, cleanliness and site security.
- Maintain 3 week look ahead for manpower distribution and new job start schedule
- Maintain appropriate manpower/staffing levels as needed.
- Support Project Managers in Scheduling and Communication with trades.
- Track performance of the production team and ensure that individuals know and reach agreed-upon targets.
- Forecasting challenges in construction projects.
- Recruit trades, as needed, based on BC fit and discipline.
- Resolve non-sales related issues with client that cannot be resolved by Project Manager.
- Receive and respond to all warranty calls.
- Responsible for emailing weekly Job Report to clients.
- Conducts regular project review meetings with clients.
- Responsible for punch list and job completion.
HOURS AND SCHEDULE
- We work with customers from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on weekdays.
- The position is anticipated to be a 40 + hour per week commitment.
- Maintaining physical conditioning, at least on a weekly basis, is important to preventing injuries. Protecting the back from injury is particularly important.
- The Lead Carpenter spends 90% of their time in the field and 10% in the office.
CHARACTERISTICS OF EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE:
- Projects are to be carried out on time and on budget, in accordance with The Bakker Construction way.
- There is a clear understanding of the relationships across all activities.
- All necessary steps are taken to prevent problems and address problems immediately.
- Production staff members are advised in a timely manner about how to improve their performance. They receive training and coaching that helps them continuously improve their skills and advance to new levels of competency and success.
- Scheduling is done efficiently, so that all involved parties perform in a timely and proper manner.
- Solutions are offered to the sales department which provide creative ways to produce a project on time and within budget.
- Assigned tasks are completed in a timely manner, or needed changes are communicated ahead of time.
- Conflicts are resolved in a manner that is a win/win for all parties.
- Information is communicated, whether written or oral, in a timely manner, to all parties in need of the information.
- Work is performed in a manner that is safe for himself/herself, others and the work environment, whether field, office or vehicle.
Download Application (PDF) Please fill out our application and email to email@example.com.