Job Description – FULL CHARGE BOOKKEEPER/OFFICE ASSISTANT
- To manage day to day Payroll, A/P, A/R, Finance, HR and Office Admin requirements
- Construction Bookkeeping: 5 years (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 5 years (Required)
- Full Charge Bookkeeper: 5 years (Preferred)
- Strong communication, job coordination and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of general and advanced office procedures.
- Current knowledge and continuing education in HR policy and procedure.
- Proficient with QuickBooks and detailed accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of BuilderTrend or other Construction related management APPS preferred.
- Computer literacy and efficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Competency with office equipment: computer, fax, copier.
- Business ethics
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Problem solving
- Positive attitude
- Team awareness
- Ability to multi-task and manage responsibilities.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with all staff, clients and vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Education in business or office management preferred.
- Provides administrative assistance to the President and other officers as required.
- Oversees inventory of office supplies, responsible for requisition of office supplies.
- Manage Vendors to ensure all office equipment functions at high capacity.
- Manage vendors to ensures general office cleanliness.
- Organizes and composes office correspondence, financial and other reports.
- Maintains list of all vendors and subcontractors, and all jobs and customers – past and current.
- Works with accountant in maintaining financial records and preparing monthly and annual reports and budgets.
- Monitor the general liability, auto, worker’s compensation and health insurance policies.
- Handle insurance audits, get proposals for policy renewals, and maintain all insurance needs.
- Performs accounts payable accounting functions, including bi-weekly payroll.
- Receives and processes vendor invoices & internal check requests. Verifies information on invoices.
- Supervise and/or Coordinate inputting of all trade’s invoices, receipts and timecards in Builder Trend for field management.
- Supervises coding invoices with accounting account numbers, determines dates for
invoices to be paid, inputs all invoices into QB.
- On bi-weekly basis, reviews invoices scheduled for payment and special check requests with President; prints approved checks and prepares for signature.
- Attaches duplicate copy of checks to original invoices & files in permanent records.
- Prints, verifies & maintains accounts payable reports, open/aging reports, and
- Collects weekly timecards, records employee hours, posting to appropriate jobs and
- Files bi-weekly payroll tax payments and quarterly/yearly reports.
- Prepare, file and work with Accountant on annual review, 1099’s, W-2’s.
- Prepares payroll checks and routes to President for signature; prepares payroll reports.
- Performs accounts receivable functions including billing, processing of invoices and record keeping.
- Generates customer billing based on contracts and agreed upon pay schedules.
- Codes customer bills with account number by job/material/labor classification. Delivers all invoices to customers before contracted agreed upon due date.
- Prints monthly statements and sends to customers. Prints, verifies & maintains
accounts receivable invoice records, open and aging reports.
- Receives checks and prepares deposits. Inputs all payments into QB and reports on outstanding receivable accordingly.
- Makes Deposits accordingly.
- Complete WIP and Month End with President and Operations Director.
- Assist President in review of monthly P&L, Balance Sheet, Annual budget, 1yr and 3yr goals.
- Transfers funds within saving and checking accounts as advised by owner.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Develop and update policies and procedures with President .
- Conduct new employee orientation with necessary department head.
- Assist President in furthering the Company Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
- Employee advocacy.
- Participating and documenting Employee Reviews.
- Assist President in activities and planning for employee retention, compensation and benefits.
- Benefits Administration and enrollment.
- Employing conflict resolution methods and assisting in resolving workplace issues.
- Maintaining and updating employee files as required by law and Bakker Policy.
Job Type: Flexible Schedule 30-40 hrs per week. Monday – Friday
- Health Insurance